ambari-user mailing list archives

From Mauro Cortellazzi <mauro.cortella...@radicalbit.io>
Subject Re: disable installation of different conponents of the same service on the same node
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 11:15:05 GMT
Thank you for the answer, I have understood where define the layout but
unfortunately not how to do it.

In my case I should write a service to manage a Cassandra cluster
composed by:
- CASSANDRA_SEED: the master component with cardinality 1-3
- CASSANDRA_NODE: the slave component with cardinality 0+
And I want to disable the installation of a seed and a node on a same node.

How can I set the layout configuration?
Is the below example right?

'CASSANDRA_SEED': {"else": 0},
'CASSANDRA_NODE': {"else": 3}

Thank you for the support.
Bests.
Mauro

On 09/03/2016 18:20, Srimanth Gunturi wrote:
> Hello,
> To control the layout of components on the cluster, you would contribute your logic to
the stack_advisor.py script in the stack-version which contains your service. For example
NameNode placement wrt ResourceManager etc. can be seen at https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/services/stack_advisor.py#L1392

> Depending on the type of component (Master, Slave, Client) and its cardinality, the component
gets distributed in the layout by the stack-advisor.