ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari - HDP.repo issue
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:31:53 GMT
Do you mean, the HDP.repo file created by Ambari/Agents do not contain the Repo BaseURL that
was set via Select Stack -> Advanced Repository Options URLs? Did you also set them while
installing the cluster?

Can you provide the details on what is provided via "Select Stack -> Advanced Repository
Options URLs" and what value is written to HDP.repo?

________________________________
From: Ganesh Viswanathan <gansvv@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:41 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Ambari - HDP.repo issue

Hello-
I setup ambari-server with the local repository option (for HDP, HDP-UTILS, Ambari repos).
But when I start ambari-agents on other hosts in the cluster and try to create a new cluster,
I see "HDP.repo" show up newly at "/etc/yum.repos.d/". The file contains localhost in the
base url and hence the setup fails.

How does HDP.repo get created in the other hosts by ambari-agent? Does it get the setting
from the Select Stack -> Advanced Repository Options URLs? How is the url cached and brought
by the agent to the installation node?

I'm installing Ambari 2.2.1.0 with HDP 2.4 on Oracle-7 Linux host.

Thanks,
Ganesh