ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Making the agent retry custom actions
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:59:57 GMT
This is for Ambari 2.1.1 so apologies if this has since been fixed.  We saw a failure today
in one of our custom actions caused by a temporary network hiccup:

Caught an exception while executing custom service command: <class 'ambari_agent.FileCache.CachingException'>:
Can not download file from url https://ambari.local:443/resources//custom_actions/.hash :
<urlopen error timed out>; Can not download file from url https://ambari.local:443/resources//custom_actions/.hash
: <urlopen error timed out>

Is there some way to tell the agent to not fail here? Just keep retrying until it can download
the file from the server.  If it takes too long we'll handle timing out the build and cleaning
up ourselves.

The 'tolerate_download_failures' setting doesn't trigger a retry, it just relies on the local
cache to proceed, and the file isn't in the local cache yet, so it fails with a file missing
exception if we enable it.

Greg