ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: About the Ambari python client
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:50:12 GMT
It hasn't been worked on in over a year.  I wrote my own and released it to Pypi:

https://github.com/jimbobhickville/python-ambariclient

I was working on contributing it back to Ambari to replace this older client, but I could
never get the Ambari tests to finish on my machine and something in my changes was causing
an unrelated test to fail on Jenkins (but there was nothing in the logs indicating what failed).

You're welcome to use it and contribute back if you find any issues.  It hasn't been updated
for new features in 2.2 yet.

Greg

From: Lazare Deathbringer <lazare.ambari@gmail.com<mailto:lazare.ambari@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 2:25 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: About the Ambari python client

Hello !

I contact you because I would like to use the ambari python client.

I read the following documentation :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+python+Client

And it said :
WARNING: The client library is still in the works and not production ready.

It is dated from 2014, in June, so I wanted to know if this client library was now production
ready or not yet ?

What is the best if I have a python program, do interact with ambari with the python client
? Or to interact with ambari with the REST API ?

Best regards.

Lazare