ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:25:00 GMT
Take a look at role_command_order.json

It is specific to the stack, and it inherits from earlier stacks. E.g.,
ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/role_command_order.json
ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.1/role_command_order.json
ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/role_command_order.json
ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/role_command_order.json

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Amanda Moran <amanda.moran@esgyn.com<mailto:amanda.moran@esgyn.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 1:19 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart

Hi there All-

I am currently working on adding a service via ambari stacks.

My service requires another service (hbase and zookeeper) to be restarted  before my service
will start.

How can I do this?

Note: Right now, my service installs fine but then fails the automatic start since HBase has
not been restarted. I then restart HBase and I am able to start my service... I would like
it so that my service doesn't "fail" the first time :)

Thanks a bunch! I looked all over for this answer.. and couldn't seem to find.
--
Thanks,

Amanda Moran