ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jayush Luniya <jlun...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hosting package for installation
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:50:09 GMT
You can create your own repository from HDP repository and add your artifacts to your private
repository. You can then add your custom service to the stack definition.

Here are few resources that would help.

Building local repository
http://hortonworks.com/blog/how-to-use-local-repositories-apache-ambari/

Adding custom service to a stack definition
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133

Thanks
Jayush

From: priyanka gugale <priyag@apache.org<mailto:priyag@apache.org>>
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:28 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Hosting package for installation

Basically I would like to understand,

1. Is there a way that we can push our package to HDP Stack repository?
2. If not, how to add third party repository to the service, so that package is downloaded
from right place while service installation.
3. In case we don't have any package, can we write scripts to build the package and then use
it for installation or follow some custom install process?

If more than one option is feasible which of these is the recommended way to follow?

-Priyanka

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:57 PM, priyanka gugale <priyag@apache.org<mailto:priyag@apache.org>>