ambari-user mailing list archives

From Gautam Borad <gbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Ranger installation with pre-setup Oracle DB
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:22:38 GMT
Hi Sebastian,
    Thanks for the log. Analyzing the logs following are the points:

   - "Separate DBA property not set."
   - This log proves that we are actually using separate DBA mode. So this
      is good.

   - su: warning: cannot change directory to /home/ranger: No such file or
   directory
      - We should debug this further. On the ranger host, please check if
      /home/ranger directory is present or not and that it has appropriate
      permissions. Eg:
      - root@myHost:~# ls -l /home/
      drwxr-xr-x 2 ranger    hadoop 4096  Feb 23  09:59 ranger

   - Make sure you have given the right DB name and DB User name in Ambari
   UI. Something similar to this:
      - *For Ranger Admin*: GRANT CREATE SESSION,CREATE PROCEDURE,CREATE
      TABLE,CREATE VIEW,CREATE SEQUENCE,CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM,CREATE
      TRIGGER,UNLIMITED Tablespace TO *rangeradmin* WITH ADMIN OPTION;
      - *For Ranger Audit*: GRANT CREATE SESSION TO rangerlogger;

Please try the above and let me know. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Gautam.