ambari-user mailing list archives

From Banias H <banias4sp...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari metrics to store in HBase?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 22:16:39 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Ambari Metrics System (AMS) and I just switched AMS to
distributed mode. Metrics. Metrics are now written to HDFS instead of local
file systems. Am I able to have AMS to write metrics to HBase in the
cluster?

Also are there documents that explain how AMS in distributed mode is
storing the metrics? My guess is that metrics got stored in HDFS similar to
how HBase stored its files in HDFS, except that HBase master doesn't know
about the metrics table; only Ambari knows about the it. Any more info on
that would be appreciated.

Thanks
-B