ambari-user mailing list archives

From Banias H <banias4sp...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to add service
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:10:52 GMT
Hi,

I have been playing around with Ambari using Hortonworks sandbox 2.3.2 VM
and I wanted to add a sample service using instructions on this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133#Overview(Ambari1.5.0orlater)-CreateandAddtheService.1

*Problems*

1. When I tried using the UI wizard (Ambari->(left pane)Actions->+Add
Service"), I was able to see "New Test Service". I went through a couple
steps but the wizard was *stuck in "Customize Services"*.

2. Then when I tried using REST API, I issued the following within the
sandbox:

curl -u root:*<password>* -i -X POST
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/Sandbox/services/TESTSRV

it returns 403 even when I gave the correct password above:

{
  "status": 403,
  "message": "Bad credentials"
}

I would appreciate any info towards installing the example service. Thanks.

->B