ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudh...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:03:19 GMT
Thanks for the details Amanda.

Probably 3 routes which i can think of:
1. Add new feature to put such dependencies [I think this should be desired]
2. Document the pre-requisite to put the jar and restart required services
before starting service X. [You probably wanted to avoid this and get it
automated]
3. Create a wizard which splits the operation to Install -> Put the jar ->
Restart required services -> Start X Service [This will be an overkill and
will not suggest]

Thanks,
Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Amanda Moran <amanda.moran@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> This is good to know. I think right now, my service would be added to an
> existing Ambari setup.
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudhary@pivotal.io
> > wrote:
>
>> Just to add:
>> In case all the services are being installed together, in that case yes
>> RCO will help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
>> Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
>> Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <
>> bchaudhary@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>>> @Amanda,
>>> I believe currently, there is no such flag which you could set which
>>> allows to restart already installed services during install of service x.
>>> Technically, you can run APIs to stop and start other services from
>>> backend during install of service x but that might not be a good idea.
>>> It might be a good feature to include such dependencies and make it
>>> pluggable.
>>> Just curious: What changes after the restart of hbase and zookeeper
>>> which lets your service run  ?
>>>
>>> But yes, let's hear from other folks as well if there is any such
>>> feature, i might not be aware.
>>>
>>> @Alejandro - Will RCO work if you are adding service X which depends on
>>> restart of already installed service say Y. If X service is being added,
>>> Ambari will schedule Install -> Start -> Service check only for Service
X ?