ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudh...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Unable to add service
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:18:58 GMT
You could use the instruction given at the link below link to add a new
service:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+a+New+Service+to+an+Existing+Cluster

Used the below API to create YARN service at the cluster: [Response and
Curl command is as below
There are few more steps which you need to do as mentioned on the link
above, just sharing the initial curl command and response.

[root@c6401 ~]# curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X POST
-d '{"ServiceInfo":{"service_name":"YARN"}}'
http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/phd/services
HTTP/1.1 201 Created
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:20:52 GMT
Server: Jetty(9.2.11.v20150529)

When you say Stuck at Customize service, did you see any error on the
Developer Console ?
Trying adding an existing service which is not installed on your cluster to
test if it moves through customize service.

Thanks,
Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976