ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudh...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:36:50 GMT
@Amanda,
I believe currently, there is no such flag which you could set which allows
to restart already installed services during install of service x.
Technically, you can run APIs to stop and start other services from backend
during install of service x but that might not be a good idea.
It might be a good feature to include such dependencies and make it
pluggable.
Just curious: What changes after the restart of hbase and zookeeper which
lets your service run  ?

But yes, let's hear from other folks as well if there is any such feature,
i might not be aware.

@Alejandro - Will RCO work if you are adding service X which depends on
restart of already installed service say Y. If X service is being added,
Ambari will schedule Install -> Start -> Service check only for Service X ?
Correct me if wrong.

Thanks,
Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976