ambari-user mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari QuickStart - did it work for anyone?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:54:03 GMT
Hi all,

I tried following Ambari QuickStart from scratch and step by step and I
found problems with it.

I think it was not detailed enough or some steps worked but only
on particular distros that are not named.

I used RHEL 7.2 as a host and VirtualBox 5.0, and things just did not Work.
I had to install Dev tools, reconfigure virtual box for kernel settings,
etc.

Then, it got stuck on Vagrant. Probably 5.0 issues.

Could someone please share, if you were recently successful with QuickStart
what and how you did it - distro, tweaks, etc.

My target environment is RHEL 7.2, but for starters I would be happy to go
with whatever that works.