ambari-user mailing list archives

From Amanda Moran <amanda.mo...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:19:08 GMT
Thanks alot!

Actually, I have to run a "setup script" that does some prep-work for my
service before I can do the ambari install. I could just add this portion
to that.  I wanted to have most of my install tasks taken care of by
ambari... but it seems like some of them have to be done outside of it.

Appreciate the help!!

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudhary@pivotal.io>
wrote:

> Thanks for the details Amanda.
>
> Probably 3 routes which i can think of:
> 1. Add new feature to put such dependencies [I think this should be
> desired]
> 2. Document the pre-requisite to put the jar and restart required services
> before starting service X. [You probably wanted to avoid this and get it
> automated]
> 3. Create a wizard which splits the operation to Install -> Put the jar ->
> Restart required services -> Start X Service [This will be an overkill and
> will not suggest]
>
> Thanks,
> Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
> Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
> Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Amanda Moran <amanda.moran@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is good to know. I think right now, my service would be added to an
>> existing Ambari setup.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <
>> bchaudhary@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to add:
>>> In case all the services are being installed together, in that case yes
>>> RCO will help.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
>>> Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
>>> Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976

X ?

--
Thanks,

Amanda Moran