ambari-user mailing list archives

From Amanda Moran <amanda.mo...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Stacks: Start of service requires another service restart
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:42:28 GMT
Thanks for reply!

Technically, you can run APIs to stop and start other services from backend
during install of service x but that might not be a good idea.

I tried this :) I have some curl commands in my original installer that
sets HBase settings, then does a stop and start. I tried to do this during
the install of my service... terrible idea... It allowed the rest calls but
then because the install was running it was queued up...my install just
waited for HBase to be restarted and HBase will never restart since its
waiting for my service to install. This also messed up HBase and it
wouldn't restart. (I didn't troublehshoot the issue... I just did a full
uninstall/reinstall).

Just curious: What changes after the restart of hbase and zookeeper which
lets your service run  ?

I have a .jar file that I need to put in
/usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver/lib/ ... for it to be picked up ...
Hbase must be restarted.

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!

--
Thanks,