ambari-user mailing list archives

From Newton Alex <na...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Adding Apache Apex service in Ambari
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:33:16 GMT
Hi Priyanka,

Let me try to answer to the best of my knowledge. Replies inline.

BTW, if you are planning to write the plugin for Apache Apex, it would be
better if you write it under the common-services
(ambari/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services) rather than a
stack specific definition.

-
Newton

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:52 AM, priyanka gugale <priyag@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apache Apex <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apex.html> project is
> planning to put it's installer/distribution into bigtop. As I checked
> Ambari has Bigtop stack. I have couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is bigtop stack is available by default when Ambari is installed.

Newton> I don't think Bigtop is the default stack. However, you can include
the Bigtop stack during compilation using a Maven
option  -Dstack.distribution=${STACK}).

> 2. Is it acceptable if we create a new version Bigtop stack once Apache
> Apex is available with bigtop?

Newton>  You would be more than welcome to update the Bigtop stack. Just a
point to be aware of: there might not be any automated tests to certify the
Bigtop stack in Ambari. So, when you update the version, you will have to
ensure the entire stack works.