ambari-user mailing list archives

From Eirik Thorsnes <eirik.thors...@uni.no>
Subject Run NFSGateway as non-root user
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:38:07 GMT
Hi,

Before NFSGateway was included as a service I added it to the cluster
manually using a non-root user in the configuration. Now I would like to
use that same user in the Ambari provided NFSGateway service.

How can this be achieved?

I looked in some of the scripts for the service and found comments that
root user was hardcoded (due to certain configurations not working without).

I run the java portmap daemon as root, and the java nfs3 daemon non-root
without any issues in my manual configuration.

My ambari version is 2.2.1 and the HDP stack is 2.3.4.

Thanks,
Eirik

--
Eirik Thorsnes