ambari-user mailing list archives

From Mauro Cortellazzi <mauro.cortella...@radicalbit.io>
Subject Re: Check status for custom service doesn't work
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 09:09:58 GMT
Hi Alejandro, thanks for your reply.
Ambari agent is runned as root user.
I have checked the file /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini and also
into config file is setted run_as_user=root.
I have also checked with the following two commands:

[root@c7201 ~]# cat /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid

2343

[root@c7201 ~]# ps -ef | grep ambari_agent

root      2082     1  0 08:14 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/AmbariAgent.py
start

root      2343  2082  0 08:14 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/main.py
start

So I think I could said that agent is running correctly with root user
and its permissions.

Then I started my service and checked its pid file: it is correctly
created and with the correct pid (in this case 3743).
So I typed the following commands:

[root@c7201 ~]# kill -0 3743

[root@c7201 ~]# echo $?

0

Do you think I'm doing something wrong? Any suggestions?
Thank you again for your support and your time!!
Bests
Mauro