ambari-user mailing list archives

From Fay Wang <faywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Disable kerberbos using REST API
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:59:34 GMT
Thanks, Rob, for the great help!

    On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:19 AM, Robert Levas <rlevas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 Fay…
Just as when you enabled Kerberos via the API and you needed to add the KERBEROS service and
KERBEROS_CLIENT component… when you disable Kerberos, you also need to manually remove the
KERBEROS_CLIENT component and KERBEROS service. The Ambari UI does this as part of the Enabled/Disable
Kerberos wizard.
Rob

From: Fay Wang <faywang300@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, February 15, 2016 at 4:14 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: Disable kerberbos using REST API

Hi,    I am using the following REST API to disable kerberos:

curl -k -H 'X-Requested-By:ambari' -u admin:admin -i -X PUT -d @kerberos_disable.jsonhttp://localhost:8081/api/v1/clusters/MyCluster

Here is the content of kerberos_disable.json :
{
  "session_attributes" : {
    "kerberos_admin" : {
      "principal" : "admin@EXAMPLE.COM",
      "password" : "P@ssw0rd"
    }
  },
  "Clusters": {
    "security_type" : "NONE"
  }
}
After this REST API:(1) kerberos principals are removed(2) keytab files are removed.(3) In
Ambari UI, "Enable Kerberos" is enabled.
However, in the Ambari UI, I still see "Kerberos" as a service in the dashboard.
Please note that if I disable kerberos via Ambari UI (instead of using REST API).  I will
not see "Kerberos" as a service in the dashboard.
Please let me know if I miss anything in the disable-kerberos REST API.

Thanks,-fay