ambari-user mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: another Kerberos issue
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:55:57 GMT
Hi Fay…

This can happen if the Kerberos service config data becomes corrupted.  If you do the following
API call, you do get any data back?

GET /api/v1/clusters/MyCluster/configurations?type=kerberos-env

In my cluster I don’t have Kerberos installed, so I get the following response:

{
  "href" : "http://c6501:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/configurations?type=kerberos-env",
  "items" : [ ]
}

If you get this, this is the issue and you will need to recreate the kerberos-env config manually.
 If you get a set of configuration versions back, then we need to figure out what property
of the current version is making the UI upset.

A better way to get the configs is to use the configs.sh script on the Ambari server host:

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u admin -p admin -port 8080 get localhost
c1 kerberos-env

If you get the following error, the kerberos-env config was lost somehow:

[ERROR] "kerberos-env" not found in server response.

Else if configuration data comes back, we can figure out what might be the offending property
or properties.

Rob