ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Falk" <nf...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Create Quick Links for my stack
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 20:51:12 GMT

Amanda,

In the current release of Ambari, the only way to add Quick Links for a
custom service is by modifying the app.js.gz Javascript code that controls
the Ambari GUI.

However, some work has been done to allow Quick Links to be configured with
a json file in the stack in much the same way as themes.json lets you
control the configuration layout or widgets.json lets you define metrics
widgets.

It looks like these changes will be coming in Ambari 2.3. I don't know the
time frame on that. Maybe someone else has more insight into the release
cycle.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11268 for more details
about this new design. Also, that JIRA provides an example of the old,
hackish way, too :-)

Regards,

Nate Falk
nfalk@us.ibm.com