ambari-user mailing list archives

From Fay Wang <faywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question on automating kerberization
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 22:28:02 GMT
Hi Rob,
The principals are created, and I did not see any exception/error in the ambari-server.log.
Is there any other way for further investigation?

    On Sunday, February 14, 2016 5:31 AM, Robert Levas <rlevas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 Hi Fay…
This is the first that I have heard of this issue. Have you noticed a pattern as to which
keytab files are not being created?  Did you look in the ambari-server.log file to see if
any errors are logged?  Have you looked in the KDC (or Active Directory) to see if the principal
had been created?
Rob

From: Fay Wang <faywang300@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, February 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: question on automating kerberization

Hi,    I am able to call Ambari REST API to kerberize my cluster without going through
Ambari UI. It works most of the time. However, sometime, the keytabs in a particular node
of the cluster are not generated at all, causing the grief when starting the services. Although
I can always regenerate keytabs afterwards, but this is truly annoying. It is a known issue?
Please advise...
Thanks,
-fay