ambari-user mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <sgunt...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Installing plain Apache, non-HDP components with Ambari
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:11:55 GMT
Hi Edmon,

Ambari has all its stacks defined here - https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks

It would contain examples for Apache Spark also.

Regards?,

Srimanth

________________________________
From: Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:55 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installing plain Apache, non-HDP components with Ambari

It does. Thanks, Srimanth.

Great to know.

Does anyone have, btw, some examples to share of the Ambari stacks for Apache stuff (Spark,
etc.)?

I would like to use them as starters for my own stacks.

Let me just say that there is nothing wrong with HDP. Contrary  - I love it, but I also like
to "test my character" by working with the bare/base Apache components :-D

Thanks again.

Edmon

On Thursday, February 25, 2016, Srimanth Gunturi <sgunturi@hortonworks.com<mailto:sgunturi@hortonworks.com>>