ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Using custom installer for Ambari Service
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:00:09 GMT
It'll work.

The proper place to to this is install() method in python scripts, but you should also handle
the case when install() method called multiple times.

Nevertheless, using rpm/deb packages is the best choice here.

Dmytro Sen

________________________________
From: priyanka gugale <priyanka.gugale@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:42 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Using custom installer for Ambari Service

Hi,

We are planning to write Ambari service for one of our proprietary product. The installer
we have is self extracting archive. Is it a good idea if we write the installer script to
download and install this already available install package. Or we do have to create linux
distribution packages in the form of rpm or deb?

-Priyanka