ambari-user mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: question on automating kerberization
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 13:31:47 GMT
Hi Fay…

This is the first that I have heard of this issue. Have you noticed a pattern as to which
keytab files are not being created?  Did you look in the ambari-server.log file to see if
any errors are logged?  Have you looked in the KDC (or Active Directory) to see if the principal
had been created?

Rob

From: Fay Wang <faywang300@yahoo.com<mailto:faywang300@yahoo.com>>
Date: Friday, February 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: question on automating kerberization

Hi,
    I am able to call Ambari REST API to kerberize my cluster without going through Ambari
UI. It works most of the time. However, sometime, the keytabs in a particular node of the
cluster are not generated at all, causing the grief when starting the services. Although I
can always regenerate keytabs afterwards, but this is truly annoying. It is a known issue?
Please advise...

Thanks,
-fay