ambari-user mailing list archives

From Rohit Kale <rohit_k...@persistent.com>
Subject Need help Regarding Ambari Custom service Creation
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:28:32 GMT
Hi
I need a help regarding ambari custom service,
I want to add a custom service in ambari which copies a file to multiple ambari agents,
For this I want to provide variables for file path in python scripts, these python scripts
get called by the service.
I want to get some variable or a way by which I can use the relative path for copying my file
For e.g. I want to copy a file from location X to Y in python script
X location in contained in some ambari folder let's say "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/services/<MY
SERVICE NAME>/my_sample_file.txt"
Y location some location in same node say "/tmp/"

I want that I can fetch X location by some variable so that I can use to copy like:
Copy  some_variable_name/my_sample_file.txt   /tmp/

Can someone help me in this, I tried using "../../" relative path but it doesn't work.

Regards,
Rohit Kale

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.