ambari-user mailing list archives

From Rohit Kale <rohit_k...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: Re:Need help Regarding Ambari Custom service Creation
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 13:31:13 GMT
I have just used a sample path here,
I just want to get some variable through which I can get the location or path where we install
services e.g.
"/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/services/<MY SERVICE NAME>"

Regards,
Rohit Kale
+91-8983524506

From: Zhang Ruiqiang [mailto:zh.r.q@163.com]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 6:55 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re:Need help Regarding Ambari Custom service Creation

  I can't catch your meaning. Where does the source file path come from?

At 2016-01-08 20:28:32, "Rohit Kale" <rohit_kale@persistent.com<mailto:rohit_kale@persistent.com>>
wrote:

Hi
I need a help regarding ambari custom service,
I want to add a custom service in ambari which copies a file to multiple ambari agents,
For this I want to provide variables for file path in python scripts, these python scripts
get called by the service.
I want to get some variable or a way by which I can use the relative path for copying my file
For e.g. I want to copy a file from location X to Y in python script
X location in contained in some ambari folder let's say "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/services/<MY
SERVICE NAME>/my_sample_file.txt"
Y location some location in same node say "/tmp/"

I want that I can fetch X location by some variable so that I can use to copy like:
Copy  some_variable_name/my_sample_file.txt   /tmp/

Can someone help me in this, I tried using "../../" relative path but it doesn't work.

Regards,
Rohit Kale

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.