ambari-user mailing list archives

From Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <mpapyrkovs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Does each ambari agent download component from repo ?
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:46:19 GMT
You are correct. By default each agent will download own copy of each package.
If this is critical to change this behavior you should set up local repository. Which is mostly
a must for large clusters, as network may be stuck for a while in such case and deploy will
take a lot of time.
Using Ambari server as proxy/file server is not a good idea. As we discovered on very large
clusters even just downloading JDK from server may affect its performance a lot.
So file server should be on separate node, and local repo is a good solution.

Regards,
Myroslav Papirkovskyi

> 25 січ. 2016 р. о 15:39 Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com> написав(ла):
>

> According the logs, it seems that each ambari agent download component from repo, is
that right ? But I think it would be more efficient to download one copy to one node or several
nodes, then copy them to other nodes through local network. Of course, it may be not necessary
to do that if it is local repository.  Does it make sense ?