ambari-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Robertson <andyrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple CentOS versions in same stack?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:20:09 GMT
Has anyone ever tried to run an Ambari cluster with hosts at different
centos versions (or some nodes with one OS like centos and other nodes
with something else?)

Any reason this wouldn't be advised?

I'm considering upgrading from centos 6 -> centos 7.  Given the
current centos 6 -> 7 upgrade path is "reinstall", this make take some
time to accomplish and I'd end up with a mix of both machine types in
the cluster during this time.

I don't see any reasons this would not work - but I also don't see
anything that explicitly states this is a tested/advised config
either.

Thanks!