ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Falk" <nf...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Why "require-input" paramater in xxx-site.xml does not work?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 14:09:17 GMT

Zhang,

I do not have an answer to this, but I have also asked this question.

I opened JIRA AMBARI-13903 to track the issue. There has not been much
activity.

Regards,

Nate Falk
nfalk@us.ibm.com

From:	"Zhang Ruiqiang" <zh.r.q@163.com>
To:	"user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>, 010510934
            <010510934@163.com>
Date:	01/04/2016 12:58 AM
Subject:	Why "require-input" paramater in xxx-site.xml does not work?

Hi All:
      My Ambari version is 2.1.2. I add a custom service called xxx.  In
xxx-site.xml, under the <configuration /> tag, I added a <property /> tag
and set its atrribute " require-input" as "false". The complete
configuration  looks like:
      <property require-input="false">
          <name>test.name</name>
          <value></value>
      </property>
      Then I add the xxx service on the web, at the custom service step,
there is a warning that the value of "test.name" is required and I have to
enter a value to go on the next step.
      Does anyone encounter the similar problem? And what is the correct
usage of "require-input" attribute?

Thanks!