ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to get the password of admin in service's scripts
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:32:35 GMT
?Agent communicates through a separate REST API, and agent agents are authenticated by certificates.

You can fully disable api authentication which is not secure by adding "api.authenticate?=false"
to ambari.properties or create an additional ambari user with RO permissions and somehow deliver
login/password to your scripts, which is insecure as well.

________________________________
From: Zhang Ruiqiang <zh.r.q@163.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:12 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: How to get the password of admin in service's scripts

Hi all:
      In service's scripts, I want to do something through the Rest API. The username and
password are the necessary parameters to call the API, at present, I set the fixed value for
the parameters, but if the password changed, the call of API will be failure.
       So, is there a soultion for this situation?
       By the way, as I know,  the agent communicates with server through Rest API too, does
agent need the password too?

Thanks!