ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: What's the meaning of <config-type> and <configFile> in metainfo.xml ?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 03:39:54 GMT
?configFile are the ones that are generated when you ask for client configs if you want to
configure a client on a host that is not managed by Ambari.

________________________________
From: Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 7:32 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org; dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: What's the meaning of <config-type> and <configFile> in metainfo.xml
?

I am not sure exactly what' these two elements mean. It seems <configFile> is used for
defining the configuration file while <config-type> is used for refer to this configuration
as dependency. Correct me if I am wrong. Then what's the usage of the dependency ? I found
the configuration file will be generated by python code, I guess all the file under configuration
folder are dependencies. Or Does that mean I have to declare the dependencies explicitly ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang