ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject amber metric collector talking to wrong namenode
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:04:15 GMT
I’ve turned on Namenode HA and Resource HA on a cluster running
Ambari 2.1 and HDP 2.2. The resource HA wizard could not complete
because the Metrics Collector refuses to restart. From the logs for
the Metrics embedded HBase Master, I’m seeing exceptions:

master.HMaster: Unhandled exception. Starting shutdown.
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException): Operation category
READ is not supported in state standby

It appears the master is trying to use the Namenode that is in standby mode rather
than the active Namenode.

How can I get the collector to start using the active name node?

Thanks
Brian