ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Systemd update breaks ambari-server and ambari-agent
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:31:24 GMT
A recent CentOS update (7.2) is causing ambari-server to not work with systemd.

systemctl restart ambari-server
Unit ambari-server.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

This is because ambari-server does not install a service definition file in:
/usr/lib/systemd/system/ambari-server.service

I can't find anything in the Ambari git repo referencing systemd, so maybe this hasn't been
addressed yet?

I think what maybe happened was that RHEL/CentOS provided a shim to use the old sysvinit init
script with systemd and they have now either removed or broken that.

Does anyone have a working systemd service definition for ambari-agent and ambari-server by
chance?  Otherwise, I'll figure out how to write one I guess (first time for everything).

Greg