ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: incorrect version displayed after upgrade
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 17:56:55 GMT
Hi Artem,

Ambari still believes that the upgrade is in-progress and this will prevent you from changing
configs, adding services/hosts.
Please read https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/2473/rolling-upgrade-express-upgrade-in-ambari.html
Especially the SQL queries at the bottom and https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/branch-2.1.2/contrib/ru_magician
for fixing the database.

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Artem Ervits <dbist13@gmail.com<mailto:dbist13@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: incorrect version displayed after upgrade

You can go through each host and finish upgrade.

On Dec 24, 2015 7:25 AM, "Brian Jeltema" <bdjeltema@gmail.com<mailto:bdjeltema@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I just upgraded to Ambari 2.1.2.1, and then did a rolling upgrade from HDP 2.2 to HDP 2.3.2.

Because of internal name changes, I had to configure my cluster to use customized names for
some nodes, as described in
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_how_to_customize_the_name_of_a_host.html

It appears that the rolling upgrade does not support this. During the 'core component' portion
of the upgrade Ambari warned
about problems upgrading the nodes with the custom names. Ambari claimed that the upgrade
of those
nodes failed, though by inspection of the directories and links it seems correct. So I chose
continue with the upgrade.

After finishing the upgrade, All nodes and services appear to be running correctly, and from
the logs it's clear that
the HDP 2.3.2 services are running. However, the Ambari 'Stack and Versions' page show HDP
2.2 as 'Current',
and HDP 2.3.2 as "Upgrade: in Process'. Also, the Version column on the Hosts page shows the
incorrect version
on every node.

Is there a fix for this?

Brian