ambari-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mauro Cortellazzi <mao.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari installation problem on EC2 RHEL 7.2 instance
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 07:57:49 GMT
Hi Everyone,
just a little update.

I've tried this morning to install the new version 2.2.0.0 with the same
result.
I've updated the ambari repo with the newest:
  wget -nv
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos7/2.x/updates/2.2.0.0/ambari.repo
-O /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo

And then I've tried to install ambari server with yum with the follow
result:

[root@ip-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX ~]# yum install -v ambari-server
Not loading "rhnplugin" plugin, as it is disabled
Loading "amazon-id" plugin
Not loading "product-id" plugin, as it is disabled
Loading "rhui-lb" plugin
Loading "search-disabled-repos" plugin
Not loading "subscription-manager" plugin, as it is disabled
Config time: 0.057
Yum version: 3.4.3
rpmdb time: 0.000
Setting up Package Sacks
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/rhui-client-config/rhel/server/7/x86_64/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/os
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/debug
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/source/SRPMS
mirrorlist:
https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os
Updates-ambari-2.2.0.0

                                                     |
2.9 kB  00:00:00
epel


|
3.6 kB  00:00:00
rhui-REGION-client-config-server-7

                                         |
2.9 kB  00:00:00
rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases

                                           |
3.7 kB  00:00:00
rhui-REGION-rhel-server-rh-common

                                          |
3.8 kB  00:00:00
(1/3): epel/x86_64/updateinfo

                                              |
512 kB  00:00:00
(2/3): epel/x86_64/primary_db

                                              |
2.9 MB  00:00:00
(3/3): Updates-ambari-2.2.0.0/primary_db

                                   |
5.8 kB  00:00:00
pkgsack time: 1.417
Obs Init time: 0.125
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 will be installed
Checking deps for ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
looking for ('python', 'GE', ('0', '2.6', None)) as a requirement of
ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
looking for ('postgresql-server', 'GE', ('0', '8.1', None)) as a
requirement of ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
looking for ('openssl', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
looking for ('/bin/sh', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
looking for ('/bin/sh', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Dependency Process ending
Depsolve time: 1.241

Dependencies Resolved

==========================================================================================================================================================================

Package                                 Arch
                            Version
                                 Repository
                                       Size
==========================================================================================================================================================================

Installing:
ambari-server                           x86_64
                          2.2.0.0-1310
                            Updates-ambari-2.2.0.0
                          406 M

Transaction Summary
==========================================================================================================================================================================

Install  1 Package

Total download size: 406 M
Installed size: 432 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64.rpm

                                      |
406 MB  00:00:18
Member: ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310 - u
Adding Package ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64 in mode u
Running transaction check
Transaction check time: 0.005
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Transaction test time: 0.095
Running transaction
 Installing : ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64

                                              1/1

Error unpacking rpm package ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: mkdir
Warning: scriptlet or other non-fatal errors occurred during transaction.
 Verifying  : ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64

                                              1/1

What is this? ambari-server-2.2.0.0-1310.x86_64
VerifyTransaction time: 0.005
Transaction time: 0.160

Failed:
 ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.2.0.0-1310


Complete!

I havent tried yet the installation form builted source, but yum install
(with the same procedure) works properly on a Centos 7.2 distro.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.
Bests.

Mauro Cortellazzi

2015-12-22 16:54 GMT+01:00 Mauro Cortellazzi <mao.corte@gmail.com>:

> Hi Sumit, thank you for your fast feedback.
>
> I've tried again to install ambari server with yum command:
> yum install -v ambari-server
>
> The output was:
> Not loading "rhnplugin" plugin, as it is disabled
> Loading "amazon-id" plugin
> Not loading "product-id" plugin, as it is disabled
> Loading "rhui-lb" plugin
> Loading "search-disabled-repos" plugin
> Not loading "subscription-manager" plugin, as it is disabled
> Config time: 0.034
> Yum version: 3.4.3
> rpmdb time: 0.000
> Setting up Package Sacks
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/rhui-client-config/rhel/server/7/x86_64/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rhscl/1/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/supplementary/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/debug
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/optional/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/extras/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/os
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/rh-common/source/SRPMS
> mirrorlist:
> https://rhui2-cds01.eu-central-1.aws.ce.redhat.com/pulp/mirror/content/dist/rhel/rhui/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os
> Updates-ambari-2.1.2.1
>                                                                         |
> 2.9 kB  00:00:00
> epel
>                                                                         |
> 3.6 kB  00:00:00
> rhui-REGION-client-config-server-7
>                                                                         |
> 2.9 kB  00:00:00
> rhui-REGION-rhel-server-releases
>                                                                         |
> 3.7 kB  00:00:00
> rhui-REGION-rhel-server-rh-common
>                                                                          |
> 3.8 kB  00:00:00
> (1/2): epel/x86_64/updateinfo
>                                                                          |
> 512 kB  00:00:00
> (2/2): epel/x86_64/primary_db
>                                                                          |
> 2.9 MB  00:00:00
> pkgsack time: 1.846
> Obs Init time: 0.121
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 will be installed
> Checking deps for ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> looking for ('python', 'GE', ('0', '2.6', None)) as a requirement of
> ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> looking for ('postgresql-server', 'GE', ('0', '8.1', None)) as a
> requirement of ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> looking for ('openssl', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
> ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> looking for ('/bin/sh', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
> ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> looking for ('/bin/sh', None, (None, None, None)) as a requirement of
> ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Dependency Process ending
> Depsolve time: 1.269
>
> Dependencies Resolved
>
>
> ==========================================================================================================================================================================
>  Package                                 Arch
> Version                                  Repository
>                Size
>
> ==========================================================================================================================================================================
> Installing:
>  ambari-server                           x86_64
> 2.1.2.1-418                              Updates-ambari-2.1.2.1
>               385 M
>
> Transaction Summary
>
> ==========================================================================================================================================================================
> Install  1 Package
>
> Total download size: 385 M
> Installed size: 410 M
> Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
> Downloading packages:
> ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64.rpm
>                                                                         |
> 385 MB  00:00:07
> Member: ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418 - u
> Adding Package ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64 in mode u
> Running transaction check
> Transaction check time: 0.004
> Running transaction test
> Transaction test succeeded
> Transaction test time: 0.092
> Running transaction
>   Installing : ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64
>
>                 1/1
> Error unpacking rpm package ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64
> error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: mkdir
> Warning: scriptlet or other non-fatal errors occurred during transaction.
>   Verifying  : ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64
>
>                 1/1
> What is this? ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64
> VerifyTransaction time: 0.009
> Transaction time: 0.162
>
> Failed:
>   ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418
>
>
>
> Complete!
>
> Looking into the logs you had suggest I've found only
> yum.log --> Dec 22 10:32:03 ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64: 100
> /var/log/messages --> Dec 22 10:32:03 ip-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX yum[9169]:
> ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64: 100
>
> Do you have any suggestion?
>
> Thank you.
> Bests.
> Mauro
>
> 2015-12-22 16:00 GMT+01:00 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>:
>
>> ​Do you see anything in yum.log or /var/log/messages that are related to
>> this? Perhaps you can try verbose installation to see what the error is.
>> ------------------------------
>> *From:* Mauro Cortellazzi <mao.corte@gmail.com>
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6:55 AM
>> *To:* user@ambari.apache.org
>> *Subject:* Ambari installation problem on EC2 RHEL 7.2 instance
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I'm having troubles in trying to install Ambari on an EC2 Amazon
>> instance.
>> The OS version is the following:
>>
>> NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
>> VERSION="7.2 (Maipo)"
>> ID="rhel"
>> ID_LIKE="fedora"
>> VERSION_ID="7.2"
>> PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.2 (Maipo)"
>>
>> First I've added the repository as mentioned into documentation by the
>> command:
>> sudo wget -nv
>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos7/2.x/updates/2.1.2.1/ambari.repo
>> -O /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo
>>
>> Then I've tried to install Ambari Server via yum:
>> sudo yum install ambari-server
>>
>> with the following output:
>> Yum tries to install the following Ambari release:
>> ambari-server | x86_64 | 2.1.2.1-418 | Updates-ambari-2.1.2.1
>>
>> I'm getting the following error:
>> Downloading packages:
>> ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64.rpm  | 385 MB  00:00:08
>> Running transaction check
>> Running transaction test
>> Transaction test succeeded
>> Running transaction
>>   Installing : ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64   1/1
>> Error unpacking rpm package ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64
>> error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: mkdir Verifying  :
>> ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64   1/1
>>
>> Failed:
>>   ambari-server.x86_64 0:2.1.2.1-418
>>
>> Complete!
>>
>> So I've tried to update the distro with:
>> sudo yum update
>> but I had the same result as the installation process via Yum
>>
>> So I had built the rpm package directly from source code but I'm getting
>> the same error.
>>
>> The same procedures (installation from repo and from sources) works
>> properly on a Centos 7.X and Centos 6.X.
>>
>> Has Someone have any idea about how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Bests.
>> Mauro Cortellazzi
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message