ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to roll back HDP 2.1 -> HDP 2.2 upgrade
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 01:07:56 GMT

> How large is the cluster?

About 25 service nodes and 5 client nodes

> Do you still have the HDP-2.1 binaries deployed? HDP-2.2 uses a different packaging structure
through versioned rpms - so the layout should not have overwritten the earlier installations.

I followed the upgrade cookbook; I’m not clear on the state of the 2.1 binaries, or how
to restore
the original config files.

> At a very high level you need to
> * Stop any running services
> * Uninstall 2.2
> * set the cluster version back to HDP-2.1
> * revert the configs back to what you have for HDP-2.1 (by applying older versions)

These details are what I was hoping to get information about (other than stopping the services).

> * Start all services
>
> What errors do you see with HDP-2.2. We can also look at the errors and see if configs
can be modified so that 2.2 works.

Lots of different problems. Hive shell hangs. Ambari start/stop operations don’t work. HBase
problems finding rows in the keystone.
Clients that keep trying to load from repositories other than the one I have configured. So
many issues that reverting
seems like the only sensible option.

Brian