ambari-user mailing list archives

From Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <mpapyrkovs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Server going Out Of Memory?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 15:27:11 GMT
Hello. This is JVM error, and not Ambari one.
It basically says that theres not enough memory at host to handle heap of allowed size (2GB
by default).
In your case it tries to allocate ~400MB and is unable to do so.
May be some other application consumed all available memory.

Regards,
Myroslav

> 1 груд. 2015 р. о 17:19 Darpan R <darpanbe@gmail.com> написав(ла):
>
> Hi all,
>
> Ambari was working fine in production for last 30 days and today I see that is down.
While checking the logs and trying to restart the Ambari Server I see following error.

> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000a0000000,
402653184, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)
> #
> # There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
> # Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 402653184 bytes for committing reserved
memory.
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # //hs_err_pid31856.log
>
> On opening the hs_err_pid31856.log I see that it says out of memory. Attaching the log
file here with for your information.