ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject incorrect version displayed after upgrade
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 12:24:56 GMT
I just upgraded to Ambari 2.1.2.1, and then did a rolling upgrade from HDP 2.2 to HDP 2.3.2.

Because of internal name changes, I had to configure my cluster to use customized names for
some nodes, as described in
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_how_to_customize_the_name_of_a_host.html

It appears that the rolling upgrade does not support this. During the ‘core component’
portion of the upgrade Ambari warned
about problems upgrading the nodes with the custom names. Ambari claimed that the upgrade
of those
nodes failed, though by inspection of the directories and links it seems correct. So I chose
continue with the upgrade.

After finishing the upgrade, All nodes and services appear to be running correctly, and from
the logs it’s clear that
the HDP 2.3.2 services are running. However, the Ambari ‘Stack and Versions’ page show
HDP 2.2 as ‘Current’,
and HDP 2.3.2 as “Upgrade: in Process’. Also, the Version column on the Hosts page shows
the incorrect version
on every node.

Is there a fix for this?

Brian