ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ambari-server won't start after upgrade
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2015 12:06:48 GMT
Looks like that fixed it. That step is not documented in the HDP 2.1 -> HDP 2.2 upgrade
document. I did find it in the HDP 2.1 -> HDP 2.3 manual upgrade doc.

There are other reference to that component in a few places (alert_definition, alert_history,
execution_command, host_role_command) but I
left them alone assuming they are harmless.

Thanks.

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 7:22 PM, Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like you may have missed a step to delete the STORM_REST_API component prior to
upgrading to HDP-2.2.

> At this point only course of action is to delete it from the DB.
>
> * Stop ambari-server
> * Take a backup of the DB
> * Using SQL client
> - delete from hostcomponentdesiredstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
> - delete from hostcomponentstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
> - delete from servicecomponentdesiredstate where component_name='STORM_REST_API';
> * Start ambari-server
>
> You could search for STORM_REST_API​ in the DB backup. I do not think there are other
occurrences but just incase.

> -Sumit

Server
>> org.apache.ambari.server.StackAccessException: Stack data, stackName=HDP, stackVersion=2.2,
serviceName=STORM, componentName=STORM_REST_API
>>         at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.AmbariMetaInfo.getComponent(AmbariMetaInfo.java:268)
>>         at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.utilities.DatabaseChecker.checkDBConsistency(DatabaseChecker.java:96)
>>         at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.run(AmbariServer.java:217)
>>         at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:665)
>>
>> I Googled and found references to this problem, but could not find a fix. Perhaps
I overlooked a step in the rather