ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: duplicate host cleanup
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:10:18 GMT
Going back to the original name is undesirable. What other options do I have?

Brian

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> When the cluster was deployed (i.e. host components got added) the hostname used should
be the same that the agents always need to register with.

> Say "old.host.com <http://old.host.com/>" is what the host registered earlier and
later it switches to "new.host.com <http://new.host.com/>" then Ambari interprets it
as:
> * old.host.com <http://old.host.com/> is unavailable
> * new.host.com <http://new.host.com/> is a new host that has joined
>
> What you need to do is to make the hosts register with the original name. Afterwards
you can DELETE the host entries with the new name. (curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By:
ambari" -i -X DELETE http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/n <http://ambari_server_host:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/HOSTNAME>ew.host.name)

> If the above is not doable for some reason, reply back on the thread and there are a
few more options that we can consider.