ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: duplicate host cleanup
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:44:14 GMT
Brian,

one way is to follow the steps here to make agents use the original hostname - http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_how_to_customize_the_name_of_a_host.html

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-13507? introduced a script to change the host
name but its developed against the latest version to be released. It will give you an idea
as to how to modify the DB to make Ambari use the new hostnames.

-Sumit

________________________________
From: Brian Jeltema <bdjeltema@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 6:10 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Cc: Tommy McNeese; Ben Gunter
Subject: Re: duplicate host cleanup

Going back to the original name is undesirable. What other options do I have?

Brian

On Dec 18, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com<mailto:smohanty@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

Hi Brian,

When the cluster was deployed (i.e. host components got added) the hostname used should be
the same that the agents always need to register with.

Say "old.host.com<http://old.host.com/>" is what the host registered earlier and later
it switches to "new.host.com<http://new.host.com/>" then Ambari interprets it as:
* old.host.com<http://old.host.com/> is unavailable
* new.host.com<http://new.host.com/> is a new host that has joined

What you need to do is to make the hosts register with the original name. Afterwards you can
DELETE the host entries with the new name. (curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari"
-i -X DELETE http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/n<http://ambari_server_host:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/HOSTNAME>ew.host.name)

If the above is not doable for some reason, reply back on the thread and there are a few more
options that we can consider.

-Sumit