ambari-user mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Install kerberos with AD
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:38:41 GMT
Hi Ivan…

What version of Ambari are you using?

The kerberos-setup.sh script is not compatible with Active Directory… it is meant to be
used with an MIT KDC.  For Active Directory, you will need to crate the accounts and keytab
files manually.  You will also need to distribute the keytab files that you generate.  The
CSV file should help guide you as far as what principals and keytab files are needed and where
to store them.

Rob

From: Ivan Garcia <igarciaf@yahoo.com<mailto:igarciaf@yahoo.com>>
Date: Monday, November 23, 2015 at 6:53 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Install kerberos with AD

Hi,

I'm trying to install kerberos with AD through Ambari. With the cvs file create by ambari,
I launch the kerberos-setup.sh script with sudo command (because I don't have root access
to the machines) and after that I can't use sudo anymore because it shows the next message:

"sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?"

This happens because the script change the permission to the sudo executable, and I don't
know how to solve this problem.

Do I need root account to perform this operation or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.