ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: MYSQL_SERVER install failing 100% of the time now
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:32:48 GMT
Honestly, I didn't investigate it that much after I discovered it was an issue with the HWX
mirrors.  What I can say is, the same version of Ambari installing the same version of HDP
worked consistently before last week and broke consistently starting last week.  Nothing on
my end changed, so something in the mirrors changed.  After switching mirrors to our internal
mirrors which haven't been synced in a while, it worked again.

We don't provide a preconfigured database for Hive.  We let Ambari automatically create one,
so I think it *does* attempt to install MYSQL_SERVER automatically for us.

IMO, there's another bug here besides the package update breaking things.  yum install commands
shouldn't fail if the package is already installed.  Ambari should either a) check if something
is installed before attempting to install it or b) ignore 'already installed' errors.

Greg

From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com<mailto:afernandez@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>,
Greg <greg.hill@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.hill@rackspace.com>>
Subject: Re: MYSQL_SERVER install failing 100% of the time now

Actually, Hive MySQL should exclude mysql-community-release when not installing a new MySQL
Server.
Its params_linux.py contains,

# There are other packages that contain /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar (like libmysql-java),
# trying to install mysql-connector-java upon them can cause packages to conflict.
if hive_use_existing_db:
  hive_exclude_packages = ['mysql-connector-java', 'mysql', 'mysql-server',
                           'mysql-community-release', 'mysql-community-server']
else:
  if 'role' in config and config['role'] != "MYSQL_SERVER":
    hive_exclude_packages = ['mysql', 'mysql-server', 'mysql-community-release',
                             'mysql-community-server']
  if os.path.exists(mysql_jdbc_driver_jar):
    hive_exclude_packages.append('mysql-connector-java')

In metainfo.xml, redhat7 installs mysql-community-release
        <osSpecific>
          <osFamily>redhat7</osFamily>
          <packages>
            <package>