ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bchaudh...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: simple ambari service startup script?
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:21:12 GMT
You may directly call the API to start and stop all the services which will
take care of starting them in the required order instead of doing them one
by one if that achieves what you are looking for.

For example: To stop,
Hit the URL of the form:
url = "http://" + <ambari-server-address> + ":8080/api/v1/clusters/" +
<ambari-cluster-name> + "/services?"

Have the payload as below.
        data = {
            "RequestInfo":{
                "context":"Stop all
services","operation_level":{"level":"CLUSTER","cluster_name":
<ambari-cluster-name>}
            },"Body":{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}
        }

For start just change the state to "STARTED"

Thanks,
Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
Email: bchau <bchaudhary@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976