ambari-user mailing list archives

From Christian Tzolov <christian.tzo...@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics data is in HBase but not find by the widget?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:30:29 GMT
Hey,

I've implemented a test Ambari (2.1.2) Service (EXPORT_METRICS_EXAMPLE)
that internally submits metrics data through the Ambari Metrics Collector.
I've also defined metrics.json and widget.json (attached) to graph the
metrics data in the service page.

As you can see below the service page shows the graph box (first box from
left) but complains that "there is no data":

[image: Inline image 2]

Chrome's dev tool shows that the metrics retrieval call returns an empty
response:

[image: Inline image 4]

This is confusing because the metrics data for this metric and time
interval is actually available in the AMS database:

[image: Inline image 3]

The following Phoenix query proves the same:

[image: Inline image 5]

The Ambari Server and Metrics Collector logs don't show errors!

So why the
(EXPORT_METRICS_EXAMPLE?fields=metrics/counter/status/200/metrics[....])
fails to retrieve the data?

Am i missing something important? Some incorrect metrics/widget
definitions?

Thanks,
Christian