ambari-user mailing list archives

From Constantine Yarovoy <kyaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari server start takes too long
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:52:51 GMT
Hi all.

I'm developing my own stack for Ambari and I often need to change
master/slave component code in Python. And I have 2 questions regarding
this:

1. What is the fastest way to make Ambari understand that stack has changed
and to use updated code ? The only way it works for me now is to restart
server (service ambari-server restart)

Is it possible to do it any other way without restarting the server ?

2. Ambari server start procedure really takes too long. I'm using Centos 7
and after starting the service it takes at about 4-8 minutes for it to
actually bind to port 8080 so that web ui becomes available. Tailing -f
ambari-server.log I've notices that the biggest delay during start is on
this step:

16 Nov 2015 08:47:13,392  INFO [main] ControllerModule:560 - Binding and
registering notification dispatcher class
org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.dispatchers.AlertScriptDispatcher

Maybe someone experienced the same behavior and there is a way to speed up
this step?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kostiantyn Yarovyi