ambari-user mailing list archives

From Constantine Yarovoy <kyaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari commandScript running on ambari server itself
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:27:04 GMT
Hi!

I am developing my own custom app stack and bunch of services for Ambari
(not related to HDP).
And I have a specific requirement - run some code locally on Ambari server
right after deployment process starts but before any service components are
installed on chosen hosts.
This "local" code is supposed to do 2 operations:
1) generate some files (e.g. certificates/tokens)
2) that are to be copied/distributed to all master hosts.

*Something similar can be found in Ansible and it's named "local-action".*

Is there any recommended way to declare such local command script that runs
on Ambari Server itself ? I mean, of course, I have 2 options for desired
automation, but they all "suck", I think:

- I can code it in Ansible or bash and run prior to cluster deployment
- I can code it in inside master commandScript's install function with
Execute("generate.sh > generate.out && scp generate.out user@master-host-1
:/home/user/").

But it'd be much better if Ambari had such functionality and I could have
done all operations from just a single Ambari Web Ui.

Any suggestions ?