ambari-user mailing list archives

From Kaliyug Antagonist <kaliyugantagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Confusion regarding the permissions
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 15:11:34 GMT
I just set up HDP 2.3 using Ambari 2.1.2.

I ran two sample MR programs and they seem to work fine.

Now, I uploaded a text file using the hdfs user :

[hdfs@l1031lab root]$ hdfs dfs -ls /dumphere
Found 1 items
-rw-r--r--   3 hdfs hdfs       6243 2015-11-05 16:06
/dumphere/TwitterData.txt
[hdfs@l1031lab root]$

Now I wish to do a LOAD INFILE on the hive prompt :

LOAD  DATA  INPATH  '/dumphere/TwitterData.txt' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE
TwitterExampletextexample;
Failed with exception Unable to move source hdfs://
l1031lab.sss.se.scania.com:8020/dumphere/TwitterData.txt to destination
hdfs://
l1031lab.sss.se.scania.com:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/scratchpad.db/twitterexampletextexample/TwitterData.txt
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

I assume this is a permissions issue, am I right ?

If yes, I am confused with the way I should get data into Hive. I have
several files(csv, txt etc.) which I will load on HDFS and then create Hive
tables. How do I proceed ?