ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <bdjelt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tez failure after upgrade
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:08:44 GMT
I was running Ambari 2.1.2.1. The problem was that the value of tez.lib.uris was not updated
by the
rolling upgrade. Updating it and restarting the tez clients fixed the problem. Thanks.

Brian

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 12:43 PM, Hitesh Shah <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Brian,
>
> What version of Ambari are you running? I believe there were bugs in earlier versions
that uploaded the wrong version of the Tez tarball to HDFS during an upgrade.

> You can check this by comparing the tez tarball on HDFS ( pointed to by tez.lib.uris
in tez-site.xml ) to the tez tarball in the respective version of the Tez rpm. This can be
easily fixed by deleting the wrong tarball in HDFS under the the 2.3.2 version dir and replacing
it with the correct one.

> This may also impact the MapReduce tarball too but MR jobs do not fail as they don’t
have a compatibility check in place.

> thanks
> — Hitesh
>
> On Nov 18, 2015, at 8:58 AM, Brian Jeltema <bdjeltema@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On completion of a rolling upgrade to HDP 2.3, tez failed it’s service check with:
>>
>> 15/11/18 11:44:49 INFO client.DAGClientImpl: DAG completed. FinalState=FAILED
>> 15/11/18 11:44:49 INFO examples.OrderedWordCount: DAG diagnostics: [Incompatible
versions found, clientVersion=0.7.0.2.3.2.0-2950, AMVersion=0.5.2.2.2.8.0-3150]